Monday, August 20, 2007

Where did the time go?

May through August, wow! I can't believe it is already close to summer's end... well I'm partly glad since I'm not fond of the high temp's but it is disappointing to realize so much time has already passed.

I guess I owe you all a HUGE update! So I'll start now and then if I don't finish I'll come back and add some more goodies.

I'll start with my update since that's the most boring and unchanging. The magazine is going really well and is, of course, eating up most of my extra time. We have our 3rd issue out in the hands of our subscribers now and starting to show up on the newsstands in local scrapbook stores... (little plug- if you have a local store, scrapbook or market, that would like to carry the magazine please let me know and I can get them the information.) I have some magazine signings in the process of being booked out here locally. That will be fun. I'll be on Diva Craft Lounge (www.divacraftlounge.com) on August 29th. My interview slot is at 12:40 pm pacific. It will be surrounding the magazine but I'd love to encourage anyone able to listen in to join the show that day :) They'll keep the interview archived for at least a month after that so if you miss it you can still go to the site to check it out. I travelled to Chicago in July for the Summer CHA show which was really great, lots of cool new products out there and we were able to meet some great people. I'll attend Memory Trends in September. Also exciting I have a project that is being published in the Scrapbook Dimensions 16 month Weekly Calendar. It has hybrid scrapbooking projects in it for each week over a 16 month time frame. It's neat to have something else published in something other than a magazine :) Okay so onto the family... I'm not that exciting, I know! hah

Jeramis is still waiting on an answer about changing jobs... so up to today, still nothing. bleh. Waiting is not one of my finer points, not sure how he does it. He is still teaching his Martial Arts class out here twice a week. The class is really growing. We have a lot of regulars now and the training is really great. He's a really good teacher. He also just received his diploma ! I can't tell you all how proud I am of him , all the effort, countless nights working toward his degree and as of this Spring he officially graduated... of course seeing the diploma is just so cool, really official. It is a good accomplishment and I know he's been driven to get there. I know he's glad to have a break from schooling though.

The kids are doing great... (yes I save them for last because I know you really just want to read about them !)

Jordan has finished 2nd grade with strait A's in the 3rd trimester. He really has done great in school. We were invited to an awards ceremony at the school. He received the Math Award for his class - "excellence and outstanding achievement" in mathematics. I have to say it surprised me a bit since he's also logged the most reading hours and is constantly writing stories... I was glad to see him recognized for something other than reading and writing though. He was glad to find out that his teacher will still be at the school next year even though he won't have her again. A lot of the teachers are changing schools. He's really cute because he gets very attached to his teachers. He cried on the last day of school as he hugged her goodbye. Even though there is only a 2 week break before the next school year. ..... PRECIOUS! I know someday he'll think it was goofy that he was so sentimental (although secretly-- okay maybe not so secretly --- I hope he never outgrows being sentimental. It's okay for him to be manly, but I just don't want him to outgrow being kind and loving and showing his feelings.... sorry -goofy mother moment!) He's still very into the ocean, studying all he can... he also loves search and find books, I Spy books and Pokemon is finally a main 'like' of his. He's keeping me busy right now on his little 'summer' vacation.

Jade is ... well Jade. She's spunky and funny and into everything. The day usually starts with a question and ends with a question and is filled with many in between. She is curious about everything and wants to know "why" things happen. She usually follows that answer up with more questions, of course. She likes to help and is really into being in the kitchen when ever I'm cooking or washing dishes.... which is -Oh SO great.... ya know! She's into princesses and dancing, Polly Pockets and Barbies. She likes to dress up and put on make-up... although I limit the latter to neutrals... She likes to sing and dance and can make up a song to just about any tune... and likes to sing her own song even if another is playing on the radio. She loves ballet and tap and is doing well in her class. She isn't really a perfectionist - she's more of a free spirit. She's excited to go to preschool again... I wish she was in Kindergarten this year but unfortunately her birthday is just a wee bit past the date for the cutoff... bummer!

Both of the kids are really full of life. They bring a sparkle to our house and quite a bit of noise.

I still need to update about Jordan's Birthday in June, our visit from Grandma and Grandpa Kester, Jordan's Baptism, the 4th of July, our visit from Grandma Vicki, Jeramis Birthday, our visit from Grandpa Don and pictures from the end of school. I'll come back and add those in a new post hopefully much sooner than this last one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like catching up!
I won't promise to do better since I obviously can't keep that ! So I'll just continue to try to update when I can.

Enjoy and of course, feel free to leave a comment or email us :)
XOXOXOXO

1 Comments:

Blogger Myrna said...

Glad to finally get an update, I was wondering if you were going ot abandone the blogs... not that I can talk, but hey. I am happy to hear things are going so good. I look forward to the next update.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home